Hi! I am Barun Saha. I to build things.
My PhD thesis (submitted) is on "Content Dissemination in Opportunistic Mobile Networks (OMNs)", where I investigate different modes of distributing content to the users in OMNs. I am looking forward to joining industry as a Research Scientist (location: India), and carry on my work on OMNs and other emerging paradigms of computer networks, such as IoT and SDN. Please take a look at my current research. CV available upon request.
I received my MS (by Research) degree from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. Prior to that, I worked at Wipro Technologies at Bangalore and Chennai, India.
I have primarily worked in the domain of Opportunistic Mobile Networks. I'm also interested in the allied areas of wireless networks. When not busy with these tasks, sometimes I try my hand with poetry. Nowadays I mostly write tanka, a traditional form of Japanese poetry with five lines and 5-7-5-7-7 syllable constraint. What do you think about my tanka on OMNs?
Some of my humble contributions towards the community are highlighted below. Many of these projects are open sourced, and available in GitHub.
- [31 Oct 2017] The ONE Knowledge Base has moved to http://theonekb.pythonanywhere.com/
- [09 Apr 2017] Delivered a tutorial on the ONE simulator at the Nat'l Workshop on Opportunistic Mobile Networks conducted by Amrita University
- [01 Mar 2016] #TheOMNBook is available
- [21 Jul 2015] Slides from my recent presentation on Opportunistic Mobile Networks
- [14 Jun 2015] The DTN Blog and The ONE Knowledge Base are now listed in the home page of the ONE simulator