Hi! I am Barun Saha. I have a PhD degree in Computer Science & Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. In my PhD thesis, titled "Content Dissemination in Opportunistic Mobile Networks (OMNs)," I investigated different modes of distributing content to the users in OMNs. You can read more about my research.
I received my MS (by Research) degree also from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Prior to that, I worked at Wipro Technologies at Bangalore and Chennai, India.
I have primarily worked in the domain of Opportunistic Mobile Networks. I'm also interested in the allied areas of wireless networks. When not busy with these tasks, sometimes I try my hand with poetry. Nowadays I mostly write tanka, a traditional form of Japanese poetry with five lines and 5-7-5-7-7 syllable constraint. What do you think about my tanka on OMNs?
Some of my humble contributions towards the community are highlighted below. Many of these projects are open sourced, and available in GitHub.
- [31 Oct 2017] The ONE Knowledge Base has moved to http://theonekb.pythonanywhere.com/
- [09 Apr 2017] Delivered a tutorial on the ONE simulator at the Nat'l Workshop on Opportunistic Mobile Networks conducted by Amrita University
- [01 Mar 2016] #TheOMNBook is available
- [21 Jul 2015] Slides from my recent presentation on Opportunistic Mobile Networks
- [14 Jun 2015] The DTN Blog and The ONE Knowledge Base are now listed in the home page of the ONE simulator