Hi! I am Barun Saha. I am a Scientist at ABB Corporate Research Center, India, where I work industrial communication networks, in general.
I have a PhD degree in Computer Science & Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. In my PhD thesis, titled "Content Dissemination in Opportunistic Mobile Networks (OMNs)," I investigated different modes of distributing content to the users in OMNs. You can read more about my research. I also received an MS (by Research) degree from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Prior to that, I worked at Wipro Technologies at Bangalore and Chennai, India.
In the past I have extensively worked with Opportunistic Mobile Networks, and co-authored a textbook on the subject. I also co-organized the first ACM MobiCom Workshop on Future Industrial Communication Networks at New Delhi, India in 2018.
When not wearing the cape of a researcher, I indulge in poetry. I primarily write tanka and related Japanese short forms of poetry. My poems are published in a few journals and blogs. Others can be found in my Twitter account.
Some of my humble contributions towards the community are highlighted below. Many of these projects are open sourced, and available in GitHub.
- [31 Oct 2017] The ONE Knowledge Base has moved to http://theonekb.pythonanywhere.com/
- [09 Apr 2017] Delivered a tutorial on the ONE simulator at the Nat'l Workshop on Opportunistic Mobile Networks conducted by Amrita University
- [01 Mar 2016] #TheOMNBook is available
- [21 Jul 2015] Slides from my recent presentation on Opportunistic Mobile Networks
- [14 Jun 2015] The DTN Blog and The ONE Knowledge Base are now listed in the home page of the ONE simulator